Your Sunday morning has been YELLING at you to make buttery biscuits, slathered with honey, honey! Let's do this...
First, wash your hands. They are gonna get perfectly gooey.
Second, do not be afraid of flour. I start with a little dusting on my nose and cheeks, because sometimes, baking can be a war of science and precision...we win some, we lose some. This one is a winner!
Third, I don't hear any music. FOOD is LOVE, and you can't make either without music. Let's play...........Nina Simone Feeling Good.
Apron on tight, let's make some magic.
Biscuits could quintessentially be the star of the comfort food category.
They just seem to make everything better.
Preheat to 400.
Line a baking sheet with parchment, or lightly grease baking sheet.
2 cups flour
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
▪ Cut in a stick of cold butter...you could use less butter, but then Julia Child would be shaking her head. tisk tisk
▪ If you don't have a pastry cutter, process in a blender with a dough attachment. Lightly pulse until butter forms pea-sized balls.
▪ In a bowl, ADD 3/4 cup cold buttermilk. Mix...gently..MORE gently, this ain't pizza.
▪ Transfer your dough to a floured surface and spread out dough. You want the dough to be 1 inch thick.
▪ Fold your dough over in thirds to make layers, left-to-right.
You could fold right-to-left, but that just tells me your toilet paper rolls under and not over.
▪ Spread out the dough with your hands again, about 1 inch thick.
▪ Cut in rounds and place on your baking sheet. Place the biscuits next to each other.
These fluffy biscuits will grow tall and will want to lean on each other. Like otters, they want to hold hands. ❤
▪ Before baking, brush each biscuit with buttermilk.
☀ 10-15 minutes in the oven. Lightly golden.
🍯 SLATHER with honey.
OR, place a hot biscuit in a bowl. A large scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Mounds of macerated sugar strawberries. Strawberry Shortcake for the WIN!
Happy baking, besties! 💛🖤